Monday, November 23, 2009

Sitting up is so cool

This weekend we sat......


and sat.......

and sat and had a blast seeing Amos at eye level and mom's knees and the bottom of the couch. Oh the world of sitting is going to be sooo cool!

This was our second week in town and despite the yucky weather the weekend was a success. I bought Brooks a $10 car at a neighbors garage sale and we spent the better half of the weekend learning to drive. We also borrowed our neighbors bike with a baby seat to see what Brooks would think about a cruise around the island. He was happy to have his mama to block the wind and he was more glad to not have to do too much work after an exhausting weekend of sitting. Unfortunately for me - my legs feel like cement blocks stuck in the ground. Fun!

(And, yes, that is our yacht in the background. Rent your house and buy a yacht! Sounds like a stellar plan to me!)

Saturday night we had the most splendid meal yet in our new town at Cha Bella. Oh my....My lips are smacking just recalling the heaven in a bowl that I tasted. Shut your eyes and taste this.....butternut squash and pumpkin soup with crumbles of homemade ginger snaps and a dollop of mascapone (sp?) cheese. I can't come up with a word to relay the splendor my body felt as this liquid gold trickled down my throat. The best part was that Brooks for some strange reason was an angel. He sat patiently and just enjoyed that his mama and dad were enjoying themselves.

And because we had a babysitter cancellation we decided we were justified to spend too much money on dinner rather than having to pay the babysitter. That works right? Thank you oh babysitter for cancelling because I may not have tasted the last minute bowl of soup that I ordered. Does anyone have a recipe for this perfect fall concoction? Anyway, yesterday we tried a new church, IPC. We ran into two people that we knew so once again we rated the experience not on the preaching but on the fact that we saw a familiar face. Overall, we had a very enjoyable weekend together and that is just why we initially made this move - to be together with little distractions. I am grateful for this fall family weekend! (But admittedly I am feeling a little blue today as I want to be home sooooo badly...making cookies with mama and lil sister and beginning to decorate the house for Christmas. Mama told me she was watching Christmas movies in her bed yesterday afternoon and what I would have given to be snuggled up watching some old favorites with her. Hopefully we will stay busy this week and not realize that I am not home for the Holidays. Save me some cookie dough, girls!)
(Last years cookie baking marathon)
Here is our family photo last Thanksgiving. Brooks was one trimester old. My how things look different this year!

Amos enjoyed his early Christmas present (that he tore the zipper off of about 2 hours later) and his own personal turkey leg for Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I want a bike seat for Lee. That would be way fun to ride around together with them! I really miss you and would love to be there baking with you : ) But, I'm so glad y'all are soaking up Savannah and time with each other. Love y'all and am THANKFUL for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, so fun Brooks can sit up now!!!

    ReplyDelete