Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Things that we love

{Note the use of "we" again. Unfortunately for him, but fortunately for me, I have loved this first one all by myself and have only genuinely offered to share once over the last 5 days.}

Fresh market yogurt covered Christmas tree pretzels. All it took was for me to overhear someone in a store as they told someone on their phone that they had bought some yogurt covered pretzels at the Fresh Market and without contemplation I found myself in the checkout aisle with .94 pounds of holiday bliss. My tummy says that because there are pretzels under the gooey stuff that these mini treasures are a good selection for my waistline. Don't be fooled oh tummy, there is nothing trim about these little trees. There are maybe 5 left. Does anyone out there think I have any remaining will power to zip up the bag, hide them in my fridge, and not touch them atleast until tomorrow? (And hope that the boy in my life helps himself to them tonight so I don't feel so greedy?)

Dinner parties with 5 babies or more. We met two more fun families last night. Last week there were 8 couples and 9 babies. This week there were three couples and 5 babies and honestly, these were our first real adventures with children and dinner time. Just because we have one rolling little guy doesn't mean we have truly experienced dinner time with kids. Last night Brad and I experienced the best free entertainment to date and we met some fun friends all the while. The entertainment involved a 20 month old mysteriously picking up a butchers knife and then innocently chucking it into the dining room table (luckily not the innocent arm of one of the mama's). It also involved 2 toddlers and a 4 year old and a push toy (and a very curious Brooks). And lastly it involved a game of throw the kid on the couch over the coffee table by the dads. Brad was very envious that Brooks wasn't yet of throwing age. Though we really did love the entertainment, we loved the company more. It really makes a difference in a new town when you start to feel like there are people you could spend time with and maybe even call for some butter! We are so grateful for these recent invitations to dine with new friends and the gazillion babies! Savannah is a fertile town for sure!

Art shows, children's book fairs and a sunny weekend. This weekend was fabulous for too many reasons to count. We walked to the local art show at the marina and though we saw nothing we would like to add to our not-yet-budding art collection - we loved the family outing! Even Amos behaved his best and licked all the legs of any neighbor who walked by. We also made it to the Savannah Children's book fair and we were treated to a few local books to add to Brooks' collection (thanks to our South Georgia grandparents!) We finished the weekend with a stroll through the Telfair arts fair. Now there were some fabulous finds at this event but Brooks was done with fairs and people and wouldn't let us even look at a price tag. This is what real weekends are supposed to look like I think. We had the windows open and the smell of fresh grass flew through the doorways all weekend long. I felt like I was 10 again!

Overnight visitors! We had our first set of overnight visitors this past weekend and we loved playing house in our house. There are several eye sores in this house so we just have to ask company to look past them but when you do you see a beautiful back yard with a perfect view of the water for morning coffee and one cozy room with the new furniture we purchased in the past months. It may not be a decorators heaven but it is cozy!. Our visitors brought us an antique dining room table so we can now host our 4 friends that we know for dinner! A dining room table sure does make this temporary home feel complete. And visitors sure do make this house and this city feel so much warmer so please give us a date and come play in the low country!

Rolling almost 6 month old babies. True story. Today I placed Brooks on the edge of the 9 by 12 foot rug in the ugly-wood-walled room. I left the room to change the laundry for 3 minutes. 12:47-12:50 I was gone. I walked back in the room and found the littlest person of the family on the opposite end of the 9 by 12 rug. I wish I had the camera ready. The best part is that there is a coffee table in the middle of the path which he rolled right through. Luckily his large head must be made of steel because it didn't seem to phase him as he rolled over the metal legs. So, I've learned my lesson and we can officially no longer leave the room unless Brooks is in a cage. Gosh, each month truly does get better and better! (If only he didn't want to practice rolling at night now! We are back to waking every few hours because he rolls out of room. This isn't so cute in the middle of the night.)

75 degree weather and sunny skies for days to come. I could get used to these fall temperatures. I am pulling my bathing suits back out!

No comments:

Post a Comment