Tuesday, January 25, 2011

On Hold, part 2

I reread yesterdays blog late last night. Like I normally do, I never fully proofread a post before it posts. I have always been like this like even with research papers. I would just know that the work I did was good and that at the time I wrote the words I adequately expressed what I was trying to say. Yesterday, though, I should have proofread. While the details were pretty accurate and the list pretty daunting the general idea came across all wrong. I went to bed with beautiful sentences in my head in order to refute the cynicism that was apparent in the post from yesterday but I woke up with mush so here a few pictures for my argument against my argument.
While my list of things left undone for a few years looked pretty long and daunting to those of you thinking you one day might like to actually procreate (you've probably already left my blog if you are of that category) I also get to experience some pretty amazing moments full of discovery and pure innocence. Just to start... Monday morning I came in from brushing my teeth to this...I marvel at the determination and imagination of a toddler. I am not sure his order to this madness but he preceded to stack every condiment from the refrigerator and then place each item back, three times over. Who needs Fisher Price when you have a fully stocked fridge?

Last week while I did the thing that I say I'll never do again, the little man started to mimic the doctor right in front of his face....gloves and all. And while that sounds cute and funny to the observer, it truly is fascinating to watch a little human as his mind is churning and putting the pieces together.


And though many days our house feels like it shrinks over night or else the brightly colored toys expand, the joy that swells that house when these little people giggle is overwhelming. This is the kind of entertainment that can not be bought or recreated.


But then to get to see Mr.mini-me and mr. mini-Brad begin to interact with each other that just takes the cake. There is not an item on the list below that I would have checked off to trade for the sweetness of two brothers coming to understand that they are in this thing together.....as crazy and messy as it often may be.

I'll take the overflowing list of things on hold for many more years as I truly know these years will be past us soon and I will truly wish I had not been preoccupied with the right pillows for my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment