Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Staying positive

I could list 17 things that are wrong with the picture today but I will choose my attitude right now and "voila" everything is suddenly rose tinted and bright. You see, this is the last week of my twenties and though I would never have pictured it cooped up inside with no access to the outside world due to the Snowpacalypse-2011 as it has been called - I also wouldn't have pitcured my last precious days as a twenty-something being spent with a chip on my shoulder.

So here goes the good....And another list for you:
1) The most entertaining thing so far this week was witnessing my macho husband cautiously back his big ole truck up the driveway. We owe our neighbor a new bush or two along with the other random items we have borrowed the last few days but we are out....and ready for work tomorrow!
2)Speaking of.... I've loved getting to be all lovey-dovey with our neighbors the last few days. We have shared most of our meal times together, her children have called me mom, and I was just about to dump my laundry at her house since we were out of detergent until Brad made a "necessary" trip to the store with all the other looneys who they have cautioned not to drive.
3) We have made good use of the firewood that took a day to load and and a day to unload. It is well worth the work today as we are snug by the fire.
4) Brad's fever that seemed to have appeared after he threw himself down the street on top of a plastic sled looking thing last night - all in the name of manhood - is only a low 99 now. (I am really praying this doesn't amount to anything more. That may be the last straw...)
5) I was able to wear my ski pants that were a small fortune a few years ago and were only worn once. Don't you love that? I always knew I would need those pants one day!
6) Luckily, cookie dough was included in our trip for the essentials. Publix may have been out of bread and milk but they had cookie dough on sale!
7) The boys decided we needed a break after 4 days of light torture and they are now both napping...at the same time.....a-mazing!
8) Its sort of fun (but not for much longer) to see what random meals you can come up with from what is left in the pantry. Pineapple and shrimp tacos anyone? Anyone?
9) Babies look cute bundled up in the snow. Wouldn't you agree?





And just as a treat to you on this snowy day, here are a few of the boys lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment