Thursday, January 13, 2011

That's SnO Funny

I think the white stuff is getting to me. On day 4 of this fog of a week everything seems funny. I'm thankful for this change in my attitude as Tuesday night I went to the darkside - yes, just a few hours after I wrote about "staying positive." Not only did my thoughts go down the toilet but so did my dinner, breakfast of bread and milk and lunch of the same. Sorry to go there but we're keepin it real here just in case this is truly our only connection to the outside world for several more days - you know, I need to have a log of our final days.

I just LOL'd (I have never actually written that but it is fitting today) at 3 things at one time and because you are probably home, too, in your dirty pajamas, looking for any kind of entertainment - here you go. Of course, in a list form again because that is the only way I can think today. What day is it? Who am I?

1) Karen Minton and Jill Becker have got to stink. Have they been home for some deodorant? They're as dear as they can be in a Southern type way but you can tell the camera lights have fried the last few brain cells. The humor this morning tastes like a three day old co-cola. S-T-A-L-E. And though I normally think the jolly weather guy, Chesley, is precious, his "wizometer" readings look like a SNL skit. Of course, who is the loon who can't turn the news off just in case I miss a closing. Last night Brad tried to flip the channel just as the "D" closings were coming up. "Stop, I exclaimed! I need to see if Dekalb schools are closed!" Brad, in his amazing-togetherness during this snow-craziness said, "Why? You don't have kids that go to school." "I just need to know, Brad." Is that how you feel? I feel like I need to know who and what is open and functioning just in case we actually venture out of our 'hood. Never before did I think I would watch 4 days of school and business closings incessantly. Good thing we pay too much money for cable.

2) Hooray for city of Chamblee waste management. Twice a week the oldest truck-loving boy watches the garbage truck come by with undeserved excitement. Today he waited for the glimmer of hope to come strolling down the street and when it did he seemed a little let down. "No, bi' truck. Where bi' truck go?" Though the city of Chamblee pick up truck doesn't ilicit the same emotion from the toddler - I was a little emotional, moved rather, to see one city worker out trying to make life normal for his town. You can tell whose house was overridden with stinky diapers because those two houses, icluding ours were the only ones that braved the icey driveway and the 12 degree wind chill to make sure the garbage was out on time. Nice work, hubby! You came through when it mattered.

3)We need a poll. Are you of the "I'm stuck here and I'll remain stuck until Jill Becker tells me it's okay" type or are you of the "I don't care who's sliding down Peachtree - I'm getting out" type? We were the latter last night. Stomach bug and all....we gathered in Brad's big truck (though big, no 4WD) and thought we'd conquer the city with our rain boots and ponchos. Nope, the city won. We did a full circle around Buckhead and ended up almost in Roswell at the first appealling eatery to two sour stomachs that was actually open for business. That was the most costly bowl of mashed potatoes I will ever eat but the fun times had by all were worth the drive. And who doesn't love to watch their husband sweat a little as his all-terrain-all-powerful truck slides back and forth on a side street, resulting in a backwards drive for 1/4 a mile? I do, I do!

So here's to day 4 of this mess! I know now that I have mentioned the stomach bug to the www - and I know our friends who were our friends before the snow storm will not call us for two weeks now because of this mention. Even my own mama (God love her) didn't call us yesterday I think in fear that the germs would fly over the airways. (I'd be the same way, mama...no hurt feelings)But....rest assured, we are on the mend and the internet doctor whom is the only reliable source when you are snowed in - tells us we are not contageous after 24 hours. Please hang out with us as soon as this mess has melted. We are literally starved for a new face over here. Yay, Brooks, let's go sort your box of shoes again. It get's more fun after the 23rd time! Thank goodness for cartoons and a mom and dad that don't yet have a "theory" on how much television a toddler should watch.

Snowing crazy,

BBBB

No comments:

Post a Comment