Friday, December 5, 2008

Oh My Darling, clementine!


Take me to Spain. Take me to the land of the most perfect cousin of the orange family! Take me, take me, take me! There is a commercial that tells me my latest joy comes to me straight from the orchard's of Spain (I can't find the commercial but it's so catchy. You'd like clemmy's too if you saw the commercial). I've been to Spain...many a time...but ne'ry do I remember my dear clementines adorning the trees. Needless, I hear they are from Spain and that makes me love them even more. I have an unusual fondness for Espana. I love the people, the pace of society...just a few steps slower than en los estados unidos. I love the food and the sangria and the nightlife. I love Dani and Tamar and my other amigos from Villanova.
Before Mr. Brad swept me off my feet I had some extraordinairy-not-from-me type desire to live in Spain for a season. I told Mr. Brad from date one that I would be leaving him soon for who knew how long in order to live in Spain and be as much of a Spaniard as I could be. At the time, my church, had began a partnership with a small church outside of Barcelona. I just knew I should go and live and be a part of this church. Well, you know the rest of the story....Brad swept me off my feet and I did get to visit Spain with 12 other amigos but only for a short time. Since then, my heart belongs in Spain.

Anyway, I love clementines just as much. I am substitue teaching today for hopefully the last time ever. Sorry, kiddos...."Mrs. Bagwell" just isn't cut out for babysitting all day. Anywho, all I can think about is the bittersweet smell of my clementine friends. So easy to peel....so easy to eat. Yesterday I ate 5. Today I have none left. All I want for Christmas is endless orders of clementines straight from Espana. Brad has been waiting on me to have a pregnancy hankering. He says it would be much easier to go out and get me what I am craving like a super hero than to try to guess at something that might sound good to eat. You see, the pregnancy hormoneys have made me hate food.....all but the clementine and mashed potatoes that is.....
Literally, I have a food aversion to food. But baby's gotta eat so I eat clementines all day. Now, I know this isn't the most hearty snack for the growing "apple" in my belly but it is all I can swallow. So, Mr. Brad....listen up.....clementines are what my heart desires. Muchos y muchos clementines!

The bell just rang and I see that I have a 45 minute planning period. I know just the planning I will do. Clementines to the rescue! I'll be back! Oh my darling....oh my darling....oh my darling, clementine........

No comments:

Post a Comment