Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Whirlwind of a week!

Among other things....Amos got a haircut. The barber loves to put a bandanna on him after he is freshly cut. I have let him keep the bandanna on this time. Brad threatens to put toothpaste in my socks if I don't relieve his dog of my insanity. I actually like the bandanna this time. I am certainly not one to dress my dog in any type of clothing....though I did think he made a good Rudolph for the 45 seconds he wore his antlers....Nonetheless, Amos got a bath and tidy last week and I am so happy for him. When he is all clean and neat I let him cuddle with me (even on the bed sometimes! Don't tell!) and you can just tell he feels a little better about himself. He can't stop looking in the mirror in our bedroom when he trots by....just like his daddy. I love it!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

It was a good thing Amos had a busy week with friends and hair cuts though because it was a mess around the household. I will have to spare the specific details but within a 24 hour period Brad really had some big decisions to make regarding his career. I sent him away to the mountains in the middle of the week so he could get to his happy place where he could think. This he did...he went and he thought and he forgot to sleep (which came in to play as the week intensified). I was really praying this whole week that he would find clarity and peace in a decision. This was one of those weeks that I know we will point to years down the road. It was also the first time we really had to make the best decision for our family. In our young age it is easy to be swayed by everything around you and everyone around you. This was one of those times where we just couldn't look to what was around us but we had to trust that God was before us and that He had a plan....even though it seemed so foggy. The whole scenario still just blows my mind.....since we found out we were expecting we have said that "there is more to come." We both knew it. We knew God would be right before us aligning our foot steps. Admittedly, in the midst of a growing belly and a failing economy it seemed hard to trust what we had been saying. Sure enough....as He would God threw some opportunities in front of us when we least expected. I am truly blow away by God's hand in the details of our lives. My heart is so full yet so light.

We ended our crazy week in the booming town of Selma, Alabama. Brad was in a wedding of one of his dearest friends. He was a hot groomsmen I tell you. I am not sure if it was the new found confidence coming from a week like I just described or his new haircut but I loved watching him march down the aisle in his tuxedo. Don't you just love a boy in a suit and a bow tie? We had such a good time catching up with old friends from Athens. Irnoically, 90% of the wives of the weekend are expecting a little kiddie poo in the spring, too, so that was fun to talk about babysitters and diapers and growing belly's. I was happy to be able to be a part of the conversation. What is happening to me??? I am growing so attached to my morphing middle. I love seeing my body change and I can do nothing to stop it...nothing! This is a completely different tone than a month ago but a welcomed tone. Oh, God is so in the details of our lives! After a week like last week Brad and I are ready for some hopefully peaceful few days before Christmas....the kind of days where you turn the cellphone off, heat up some spiced tea, and just watch the lights twinkle on the tree and feel at ease.......

PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment