Monday, July 19, 2010

Diapers in the fridge

Y'all...I'm ashamed to even try to write a paragraph. I hate to complain about being tired because my whole life I have loved being the girl that NEVER gets too tired for anything. I really want to believe that pregnancy and toddler-chasing isn't the kicker but I think I have to waive the white flag. My body has never ever ever felt tired like this. It has nothing to do with how little or how much sleep I get or how well or poorly I eat (usually the latter) and everything to do with babies taking every single calorie I might consume and using it to the best of their ability's. So, in lieu of some terribly dull post about weekend happenings and Brooks' latest words (which aren't boring events but I couldn't do them any justice in this condition) - Ill spare you and just promise to bring my A-game sometime this week.

In the mean time, here are a few random things that should be noted.
1) When looking for a lemon in the fridge to put into my 2nd glass of tea yesterday afternoon I luckily found the two diapers that I had searched the house for earlier in the day for an hour! Nothing like a chilled diaper on a hot day, right? Oh, pregnancy, give me my brain back!
2) I love lunch dates with Brooks. Today we went to get our favorite Willy's burrito in a bowl. I love that we can share this and we still have leftovers. While sitting there enjoying Brooks' company I realized one day he will want his own burrito and so will his brother! Yes, Brad, I may need a part time job. I'll be sad when the baby boy is big enough to require his own entree. I love sharing a meal and Brad told me from date number two that he wasn't that kind of guy! After our lunch we went to our 3rd favorite play place - ACE hardware to crawl on the benches outside. Seriously, if you need FREE activities to do with your one year old - call me. We have discovered every pond, stair, bench, and bird inside the perimeter and most of our spots have a great place for mom to sit while said-toddler explores and climbs.
3)Did I mention how tired I am? Brooks is sleeping and I should sleep too but the darn nesting thing has set in and I want so badly to knock the last two things off the Get Ready for Baby list. But did I mention how my body won't move or function normally?
4) Cleaning floors and tubs is self-afflicted cruelty at 36 weeks pregnant. Why do I do this to myself? I sure do feel good smelling the clean right now though I can't say that that means anything is actually clean.
5) We still (really) don't have a name for this baby nor would we disclose if we did so let's stop pestering the pregnant woman!
6)I love the smell of fresh newborn clothes all washed and ready for a newborn
7) I missed not going to the beach or even a lake this summer. I will remind this 2nd child of this the rest of his life - I endured a hot summer for him away from any large body of water.
8) I love the south. The lady at McDonald's today told me I "best be nursing some water in this heat along side of my tea that I get e'ry single day." Thank you, ma'am, I said, but doesn't tea count as water? Somebody tell me so. And then at Lowes another sweet checkout lady told me that all pregnant women are beautiful even if the baby done stole the pretty out of 'em.....they pretty in their own way, " she said. Thank you again.
9)HEARTBURN!!!!!!
10) I love weekends with Brad. We spent lots of time together this weekend just being a family and really, it is alot like what I had pictured growing up. Thank you, God, for drawing this picture for me of marriage and then coloring in the lines so perfectly! I am grateful for some fairly-lazy weekends together before the next chapter. Remind me of that in a few weeks.....we did have a somewhat low-key/quiet life at one point.

Ahhhh......Brooks is already talking and I HAVE to shut my eyes. Hopefully some more meaty material for you sometime this week. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. okay- you just reminded me of how not fun pregnancy is. This is making my overwhelmed, exhausted self a little happier. I will take fatique over heartburn any day. And I drank sweet tea every day with very little water (if any- bad Keri) in between and my child is nearly perfect (minus sleep issues). Can't wait to meet little one!

    ReplyDelete