Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Umm, yes, please, may I have another?

I just ate a turkey sandwich and drank my sweet tea (half sweet/half unsweet). ALL BY MYSELF.

I sound like I am a recovering from some crazy disease that has kept me from tying my own shoes or doing anything by myself. I'm not. I am a mom and for 14 months my lunch times have been spent with someone else. Usually this is my favorite time of day for a different reason....because it is normally my first time out of the house for the day and I crave the interaction with other people even if it is just with the sweet lady taking my usual chicken salad sandwich order at Cafe at Pharr. But today my turkey sandwich was so perfect. I ate every bite slowly and tasted the perfectly combined turkey, tomato, mustard, whole grain bread, and silence with each bite.

This will be a boring (but short, so hang on) post to 99.5% of you and I apologize for my lack of creativity today....well, this season. It's just that much of our day these days is about survival. Though I know the result is going to be wonderful - eventually - the combination of pregnancy and the early-toddler days are just so wearing on even the most creative, energetic types - of which I used to label myself. The heat really isn't the biggest factor but I still mention it to Mr. B when he asks how I am managing....it makes me seem all the more tough and successful in my day even if the only success that I would really note is that the toddler is still alive and we didn't end up in the ER. (Today we almost did with 5 different big "uh-ohs" before noon - all of which I quickly convinced the little man that he was okay despite the little blood and goose egg on his head. oops!)

Anyway, today we had an unexpected adventuresome morning with what turned out to be 6 other moms from the neighborhood all seeking some form of toddler activity while getting to talk about things like the bachelorette with other adults. Needless to say, Brooks and I stayed out past our morning bed time and just when I thought the day would end up disastrous...the little boy fell asleep literally in my arms at noon. Oh gosh, y'all. This is maybe the 2nd time this has ever happened and it was so worth the heat and caloric expense of the morning. I held him and just kissed his sweet cheeks with out him even budging and then put him down for an uncustomary lunch-time nap and then enjoyed my sandwich as already noted.

So, go with the flow, mom's! This day has been so enjoyable and it has looked nothing like our other more-scheduled days. I could eat a turkey sandwich in peace and kiss a sweet baby's cheeks everyday even it means a little more work in the mornings. Of course, we'll see how that looks in a few weeks when baby brother enters the scene. Until then.....we're soaking up every minute together! Which means we'll be heading to get a yogurt soon.....

1 comment:

  1. BOO, I'm sad I missed the fun time at the park with y'all. AND the talk about the bachelorette. : )

    ReplyDelete