Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Vacation 2010

We've been home recovering from our vacation this week. Brooks has boycotted naps ever since we left our vacation home (of course, until 10 minutes ago when I had planned for us to go somewhere. Of course!) Amos has been sulking for 3 days now and has yet to come off of his couch. It's really kinda tragic. Amos ran and frolicked with the other two dogs during our vacation and he never once sat down. At night when the other dogs were asleep on their end of the house Amos would lie by our door just waiting until we released him in the morning to go join his pack. Now we bring him home to his house where he has his own doggy door and really expensive organic food and he wants nothing to do with us. I'm thinking he is not going to like the surprise coming his way in a few weeks.......
I've been avoiding the abundance of dirty laundry for the last 3 days, knowing that acknowledging the laundry will officially put an end to our summer vacation. The growing baby....well he hasn't skipped a beat. I am not being sarcastic and I am not embellishing this in anyway - this baby reminds me of Lady Gaga on a trampoline after an overdose of whatever she is on. I can't possibly forget for even one minute that there is a baby just around the corner because there are no moments that this fellow is still or sleeping. The best reminder is when he has hiccups below my belly button but is doing calf raises in my rib cage. And as for the little guy's dad - he better have soaked up his vacation time because this weekend starts baby boot camp around our house. There has literally not been one thing done to get ready for another person in this house. Were the baby to happen to come tomorrow, let's say, he would sleep in our top drawer and live in a diaper that is 3 sizes too big. I definitely don't feel the nesting instincts like I did the first time but I am overwhelmed by the things that we need to do to even bring a baby home....like find the carseat! So, unfortunately, we will spend this weekend checking one of the 27 things on the "Get Ready for Baby" list (seriously, 27 things). Brad says as long as there are some cold drinks in the fridge - he is happy to see to my not-so-little list.

Anywho, here are some pictures that captured our week "away."
I played in the pool with my buddy Lee.

I ate MEXICAN on the 4th of July. My parents are nuts.
I played in the pool with the big guy. He turned the water blue....not me!
And I played in the pool with the big lady who never seemed to get out of the pool for 4 straight days. Something about being huge and hot and needing to stay wet she said.

On the last night of our vacation - I fled to our neighborhood for some much needed girl time. Let's just say 6 girls - 4 of which are "with child", a bottle of wine for the other lucky two, and paint brushes make for a fun night "out" on the town! I painted my picture for Brad's office but for some reason he has forgotten to take it to work everyday. Nights like this make me so thankful to live close to a bunch of girls - that like me, need a night to themselves every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment