Friday, July 2, 2010

To the rescue!

Crazy woman here. Good early morning to you. Why am I up so early this Friday morning? It's NOT because of a wobbling-one-year-old. It's not even because of a wiggling 8.5 month fetus. It's not due to itching, heart burn, or the need to use the bathroom either. No, friends. I am up early because I have a morning all to myself and I went to bed dreaming of the normal things I would do when I woke up all-by-my-crazy-self.
Last night Brad came home to a mess. This isn't typical so I don't mind sharing. I was in his pajamas (yes, the only thing that fits) and I was reading Brooks the Elmo book on the floor for the 6th time through a stream of much needed crazy-woman tears. After he assessed the scene and realized there were no cutting devices or ropes hanging from the ceiling he sent me straight to my first haven - the bath tub. Maybe it was 7 o'clock on a Thursday night with no dinner in sight but Mr. B's a smart man and he can spot a dangerous scene right away.
I crept into a long, hot bath (admittedly, probably too hot for a baby in the belly) and I would have stayed there all night long were it not for the pregnancy-itching that seems to worsen with heat. Sweet - it's July and only set to get hotter!) 20 minutes later I hear the door shut and Mr. Husband of the Year has done what he knows to do best when his wife is on the verge of breakdown (though I think I had already passed that point).......call grandma! So sure enough Brooks got to have a much needed spend the night party with Nise last night. I don't need to know anything more than when I finally called my mom to make sure she had the "package" - it was nearly 9:30 and Brooks was splashing around in the tub for the 2nd time in the night (following a 2nd dinner, a trip to feed the ducks, and a little ice-cream). Truly what happens at grandma's stays at grandma's I guess. I don't think the little guy has EVER seen the 9 o'clock hour! Oh well, Nise can enjoy any repercussions of a sleepy baby this morning while I.........

* will drink coffee by myself with NO cartoons on in the back ground
* will spend as much time as I want reading and having some prayer time before a God who I know thinks I am crazy, too
*will enjoy a used to be favorite breakfast at a local coffee shop with the Mr. of the house
*will leisurely fold laundry and put away dishes without rushing before a baby wake up
*will take Amos, our first child, to the dog park like we used to do every single day and show him some long overdo attention
*will shower again just because I can and there will be no little guy sitting on the bathroom floor entertaining himself with toilet paper while I quickly shave (hence, cut) my legs

Thank you Mr. B and Nise for coming to the rescue for the little guy. He couldn't figure out when Elmo started crying in the same book that we read everyday, multiple times a day, and I could tell he was a little concerned. I certainly don't mind a few tears if it means Brooks cuddles up in my lap and lays his head on my shoulder in his own way to assure me that I am not crazy....all the time. See you this afternoon little guy!

(And just to ease your dear, worrying minds....a few tears are pretty typical from me when I get home from the bi-weekly doctor's check up. I guess the reality of the "change" sets in a little more each time and I leave feeling completely inadequate, completely unprepared, completely large, and in need of just a few tears. This is another post for another day but it has alot to do with me not feeling the way I think I should feel once I hear this baby's heart beat and hear the news that he is perfectly healthy and happy. I carry alot of guilt over the "shoulds" in my life and per some very close friends counseling - that will be the first thing I sit and pray over this morning.....letting go of the "shoulds". Another wise friend told me yesterday "Don't go should all over yourself, Betsy." Perfectly said, dear friend. Perfectly said.)

HAPPY 4th of JULY WEEKEND! This is my favorite of Holiday weekends because of so many favorite things........family, watermelon, cold drinks, sales at the stores, pool time, hot dogs, rice krispy treats, the color Blue and Red together.......enjoy this weekend with your favorite people! Mark my words - I WILL BE AT A BEACH, LAKE, or MOUNTAIN WITH MY FAMILY NEXT YEAR. NO MORE PREGNANCY'S TO KEEP ME IN ATLANTA AND AWAY FROM THE MAGIC THAT HAPPENS ON THIS HOLIDAY WITH FAMILIES. So, please, for me - enjoy yourself...especially if you are sitting on a beach or floating on a lake somewhere with all your siblings and family near by. I am admittedly jealous.

1 comment:

  1. Betsy - I love reading your posts! In the short time I've known you, I've already witnessed what an amazing mother you are to Brooks and WILL BE to Baby #2:) Let's get together this week!

    ReplyDelete